When you visit a website with lots of tutors listed, it is sometimes hard to see which tutors are better than the others. Here are a few reasons why I am different from the other tutors out there!
- Tutoring is my full-time job. I spend each day concentrating on lesson planning and preparation for the individual needs of my students, before teaching in the evenings. This means I always arrive at the lessons well-prepared to start making progress with you and your child.
- I have a lot of experience. I have taught a lot of different students with a lot of different needs and I know how to get the best out of the students that I teach. Many parents comment on how much more confidence their children have, which is translated into improved grades.
- I am very well educated. I have a BA(Hons), MSc and PhD. I am continually participating in extra training and learning to ensure I am up to date and well informed about different parts of teaching and tutoring.
- I really enjoy it, and I’m generally a happy, easy going person to get along with! This is important when you are inviting someone into your own home.
- I specialise in Special Needs tutoring and am well informed about different learning difficulties as well as chronic illnesses and disabilities and how they may affect learning. I am knowledgeable about the legislation surround special educational needs, as well as the difficulties in negotiating this. I am also used to producing reports and working with other professionals such as speech and language specialists. I have a level 2 certificate in Specific Learning Difficulties.
- I can provide multiple subject tutoring. For many of my students who are homeschooled or have special needs, I provide help with their homework and any school work they have missed in all subjects. I am flexible and tailor each session for the needs of the student on the day.
Please get in touch if you would like to discuss tutoring for your child, and if you have any questions about what I can provide.
email@example.com or 07546527950